The Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) is organizing an International Year of Cooperatives (IYC) Short Film Festival which will take place on 19 November 2012 at the United Nations Headquarters during the closing ceremony of the International Year.
The films should raise awareness about cooperatives – what they are, and what they do – and encourage support and development of cooperative enterprises by individuals and their communities. The films should also highlight at least one of the 10 key messages of the International Year of Cooperatives:
- Cooperative enterprises build a better world
- Cooperative enterprises are member owned, member serving and member driven
- Cooperatives empower people
- Cooperatives improve livelihoods and strengthen the economy
- Cooperatives enable sustainable development
- Cooperatives promote rural development
- Cooperatives balance both social and economic demands
- Cooperatives promote democratic principles
- Cooperatives and gender: a pathway out of poverty
- Cooperatives: a sustainable business model for youth
You MUST read very carefully:
IYC Film Festival Submission Guidelines and
IYC Film Festival Rules Guidelines before you submit your film.
Please note that the deadline is 30 September 2012.
Click here to submit your film now