The official closing of the United Nations International Year of Cooperatives (IYC), “Promoting Cooperatives Beyond 2012” will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on 19-20 November 2012. The two day event will highlight major outcomes of various observances during the year, as well as forthcoming initiatives to strengthen cooperatives beyond 2012. The event programme consists of a series of panel discussions addressing cooperatives and food security, cooperatives and youth, and policy and research directions, and also includes an official closing ceremony, reports from national committees and a short film festival. Thematic side events will also be featured.
The event presents an opportunity for dialogue among the various stakeholders and will serve to promote effective engagement with cooperative enterprises and organizations in achieving agreed development goals.
The event is organized by the Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs in collaboration with the International Labour Organization, the Permanent Mission of Mongolia and Rabobank.
1. Panel Discussion on Global Food Security and the Role of Cooperatives
2. Youth Forum on Cooperatives and Youth: Empowerment, Employment and Engagement
3. Panel Discussion: IYC Outcomes on Moving Cooperatives Forward: Policy Dialogue and Research Pathways
4. Panel Discussion on Cooperatives on the Ground: Reports from National Committees
5. IYC Short Film festival and Award Ceremony
International Year of Cooperatives Short Film Festival, 20 November 2012
Statements and Messages
Mr. Emmanuel Kamdem, Pan African Cooperative Conference